It would be difficult to find an area of activity where foam rubber is not used. Due to its exceptional technical characteristics, this odourless material of fine porous structure is widely used, and the range of industries that employ it is being constantly expanded.
Elastic foam rubber is used as the basic material for the filling of furniture and mattresses; foam rubber parts used in packaging (as inserts) ensure reliable transportation of fragile items. Manufacturing of loudspeaker systems would be impossible without foam rubber. This material is indispensable in sewing, footwear and orthopaedic products industries; it is one of the best insulation materials in construction and a raw material for domestic items (such as sponges).
The main industries in which foam rubber is used:
– Civil engineering: soundproof sealants, insulation for walls, windows, balconies, pipelines etc.;
– Sound insulation for production premises, laboratories, sound recording studios;
– Production of upholstered furniture such as sofas, armchairs, and stools;
– Medicine: orthopaedic and hypoallergenic pillows, mattresses for the prophylaxis of bedsores etc.;
– Sports articles: boxing gloves, helmets, arm and leg protection articles, tatamis, mats etc.;
– Transport: for soundproofing; car, train and aircraft seats and as a finishing interior material;
– Packaging: impact-resistant, shock-absorbing packaging protecting against heat, or packaging inserts, for domestic appliances, products of glass and other fragile materials;
– Production of household items: toys, dishwashing sponges, pump filters, rollers for painting;
– Textile industry.
Foam rubber (or foam polyurethane) has been recognised as one of the most popular raw materials in modern industry. Foam rubber as a construction and finishing material is used in various phases of manufacturing and finishing. Foam rubber articles perform a supporting, softening and air-proofing function, add elasticity, and filter air.
Foam rubber has the following properties:
– Environmentally friendly – does not contain harmful substances and does not cause allergies;
– Breathable and resistant to temperature fluctuations between -10C and +100C);
– Safe to use – resistant to mould and fungi; it is an unfavourable environment for dust mites;
– Safe even for babies as it is manufactured without Freon;
– Perfect for sound, heat and vibration insulation;
– Durable – resistant to wear; service life up to 10 years;
– Elastic – adapts to any shape and parameters when pressed or torn;
– Low residual deformation – springs back after being compressed;
– Lower-density foam rubber is softer and suitable for the production of backs and armrests;
– Higher-density foam rubber is stronger and suitable for use in seats;
– Foam rubber differs in hardness while being of the same density. The higher the number, the more rigid and less elastic is the raw material for your applications;
– New design opportunities;
– Foam rubber changes colour when affected by light but it does not lose its physical properties;
– Foam rubber may be washed using water and usual detergents; after squeezing the water out of the foam rubber, it should be left to dry in room temperature;
– The products comply with applicable international standards.
Whatever you may need – a large block of foam rubber, foam rubber for furniture, small foam rubber parts, or a professional consultation – we are ready to help you.